[python-uk] Fwd: Looking for quotes for basic ecomm site

Giacomo Lacava g.lacava at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:44:42 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Giacomo Lacava <g.lacava at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM
Subject: Looking for quotes for basic ecomm site
To: geekup at googlegroups.com

I could spend months setting up a half-assed website to sell a
product... or I could have it built it for me by someone who knows
what he's doing and can churn it out fast.
So here's a list of requirements, please reply off-list with a quote
if you are interested.

- site should display a list of downloadable products, a form to ask
for a custom product, and a couple of ancillary pages;
- accepting payments with paypal or some other system;
- upon payment, user should be able to download the (large) item up to
a maximum of three times. "Subscriptions" might be implemented at a
later date;
- built with python, preferably django, because I'd like to able to
tweak it myself if/when necessary. I might consider Rails only if the
price is ridiculously lower. I also have the product models ready in
django (you don't have to use them as they are, but should help
clarify what I need).
- I really only need the backend to work, if this helps keeping the
price down (I can get design services elsewhere).
- I don't need hosting and domain, I'll take care of that myself.

Note: budget for this is VERY low, i.e. I'd like to keep it well under
a grand if possible. This is NOT because I don't respect the
effort/professional abilities etc, but because I'm trying to start-up
with almost-zero money, basically "moonlighting". If you'd rather work
for a percentage of profits, instead of a flat fee, I'd be willing to
consider it.

Cheers
--
Giacomo Lacava