[python-uk] urllib latency

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 11:39:23 CET 2010

On 21 Dec 2010, at 10:29, Matt Hamilton wrote:

> I then have a similar issue for the request I mentioned in this thread, that happens to be cached by varnish. If I then disable delayed acks on the OSX box running the python tests, that speeds up again and I lose the 100ms extra latency and it is on par with ab. ie. about 6ms to retrieve the request.

And then re-running the tests from the same python prompt that was open just before I wrote that email and I now have the 100ms delay back again... yet not still in ab. Quitting and starting a new python process and I still have the delay.

Grrrrrrr......

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                         matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                               +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Design | Zope/Plone Development and Consulting | Co-location | Hosting