[python-uk] Code Dojo - yesterday and next year...

Tom Viner thomas at viner.plus.com
Mon Jan 4 16:57:26 CET 2010

2010/1/3  <dave.x.kirby at gmail.com>:
> On Jan 3, 2010 9:49pm, Carles Pina i Estany <carles at pina.cat> wrote:
>>
>> see you in 4 days!
>>

>> Any planning/schedule?
>>

> If anyone is interested I would like to throw doing CRC design into the mix
> - I think it would work well with splitting the dojo into small groups.
>
> CRC design is a simple way of doing software design as a team using index
> cards to represent classes, invented by Ward Cunningham and Kent Beck (who
> also invented Extreme Programming).
>
> I could do a 5-minute introduction to CRC then the teams could do a short
> CRC design session before they start or while coding.
>
> You can read more about CRC here:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class-Responsibility-Collaboration_card
> http://www.agilemodeling.com/artifacts/crcModel.htm
> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CrcCard
>
> Dave

Interesting idea Dave. I heard about this method in a FLOSS podcast
( http://twit.tv/floss27 ) where Ward explains how the system evolved
from the discussions they had at the initial design stage of new projects.
But I've never really tried it.

Could be a good way to add some thought to program structure while
learning a new methodology. Assuming people think this could help -
I wasn't at the first 3 sessions so I don't know what type of planning
took place
before the first pilot started banging some code out for the twitter graph &
tic-tac-toe tasks.

Tom