[python-uk] Plone Conference 2010 Earlybird rate ends in 9 days

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 16:37:00 CEST 2010

Hi All,
 Just to give any of those who are thinking of going a poke, we are hosting the 8th International Plone Conference here in Bristol at the end of October and the bargain earlybird rate of £250+VAT for the 3-day conference ends at the end of the month.... just 9 days time!

So if you are using Plone, or interested in Plone, or just want to come along and find out a bit more about it (or just want to come for the mini beer and pie festival) then go register your tickets now:

http://www.ploneconf2010.org/

We are expecting over 400 delegates from around 30 countries to be attending, with over 50 talks, plus training, sprints, and an un-conference day.

For those of you wondering 'what the hell is a Plone?!', Plone is an Open Source python web content management system used by all sorts of organisations worldwide (Oxfam, NASA, Warwickshire Police Force, Novell, etc) for their public websites or intranets. It has been under active development for almost a decade, with over 10,000 svn commits to the core system in the last 12 months alone.

As a slight aside... if you want to see how quick it is to get up and running, here is a screencast I just did at Europython yesterday in which I go from nothing but python installed to fully installed and running Plone instance in under 3 minutes:

http://is.gd/dAqs1

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                         matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                               +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Design | Zope/Plone Development and Consulting | Co-location | Hosting