[python-uk] 10th London Python Code Dojo
ntoll at ntoll.org
Mon May 10 11:49:23 CEST 2010
The next London Python code dojo will take place on Thursday 3rd June at 6:30pm. You can find out here and book your place here: http://ldnpydojo.eventwax.com/10th-london-python-code-dojo
After five dojos of building an adventure game we all decided to take a break and organise a “talks” night (with some of the talks discussing adventure game related stuff).
Don’t let this fool you into thinking it’ll just be a sequence of presentations: because of the participatory nature of the dojo we encourage attendees to interrupt, ask questions, code along and generally interact with what’s going on. Think of it more as a set of seminars rather than presentations.
So what about the talks..? (In no particular order and subject to change):
• Tim Golden – Pyro (http://pyro.sourceforge.net/)
• Dave Kirby – Twisted (http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/)
• John Ribbens – john.py (a web framework)
• Andy Kilner – CMD (http://docs.python.org/library/cmd.html)
• Nicholas Tollervey – Fluiddb (http://fluidinfo.com)
• Tom Dunham – The bayesian problems encountered in the adventure game
Pizza and beer start at 6:30pm and the talks themselves will start at the earliertime of 7-7:15ish. We aim to finish 9:30ish.
Photos from the 9th Dojo can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11306102@N05/sets/72157623906491735/
Free pizza and beer will be provided. (Thanks Fry-IT)
Participants get the chance to win a cool book (thanks O’Reilly).
Look forward to seeing you there!
More information about the python-uk