[python-uk] [BrightonPy] Web APIs, REST and Django

Jamie Matthews jamie.matthews at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:01:35 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Our next event is now in the calendar..

Web APIs, REST and Django
Tom Christie, Tuesday May 10, 2011, 19:00 at The Skiff

This talk will cover some of the basics of the REST architectural
style - what it is and what its benefits are. It'll also cover some of
the thornier aspects of implementing RESTful Web APIs, touch on some
areas that are still often misunderstood, and will finish by taking a
look at building RESTful APIs with Django.

* Why REST?
* Caching - What we're (still) doing wrong.
* Content Negotiation - One resource, many representations.
* Why we ought to be building Web browse-able APIs - A call to arms.
* Web APIs & Django - What tools are and aren't in the box?
* Introduction to Django REST framework.
* The take home - Where do we go from here?

http://brightonpy.org/meetings/2011-05-10/

Cheers

Jamie