[python-uk] Oxford-based agile team seeks talented Software Developer
gnarea at tech.2degreesnetwork.com
Wed Aug 17 18:52:33 CEST 2011
(Apologies in advance for those of you who might've already seen this
advert on Planet Python)
Are you a recent Software Engineering graduate looking to join an Agile
team? Or do you have 3 years industry experience and a passion for learning?
We're a fast-paced, well-funded Web 2.0 business looking for a
pro-active software developer to join our talented, self-organizing
software development team.
* *You are hungry to learn:* You actively seek change --- always
looking for opportunities to improve professionally, and to help
your team develop. You read software-related publications, welcome
criticism of your work and offer your colleagues honest feedback.
* *You're willing to try new things:* Want to try your hand at
requirements gathering or UI design? If the idea of becoming a
appeals, this could be the right job for you.
* *You have excellent communication skills:* You're comfortable
communicating verbally, graphically or in written text, and you're
happy explaining technical concepts to non-technical people.
* *You're qualified and/or experienced:* You have a Software
Engineering degree, an equivalent certificate from a leading
organization (e.g.: IEEE-CS <http://www.computer.org/>, BCS
<http://www.bcs.org/>) or have at least 3 years experience.
* *You appreciate a sociable, friendly and supportive working
environment:* We value technical expertise and encourage
developers to exercise their initiative and engage with the
business as a whole.
This is primarily a Web Development role. Experience or knowledge of
Python, Django, GNU/Linux, Git, jQuery, Solr, Postgres and Agile
development methodologies is a big plus, but is not required. *We simply
want someone with the right attitude* and we'll help you get up to speed
with anything you're not familiar with!
2degrees is the world leading online community for sustainability
professionals. We aim to help businesses accelerate their implementation
of sustainability and carbon reduction strategies on a global scale.
With offices in Oxford, UK and New York City, we work with leading
companies including HSBC, Coca-Cola, BASF, Sony, Marks & Spencer, BP,
Shell, Eurostar, Sainsbury's, Hewlett Packard and Royal Mail.
Working for 2degrees, you'll enjoy:
* A nice office in a great location in Oxford, full of people who
are free to be themselves.
* Managers and business people who appreciate technical staff.
* Support in your continuing professional development.
* A competitive salary (dependent upon experience).
About the Software Development Team
* We're in the process of adopting Scrum and have successfully
embedded Agile techniques such as Pair Programming, Test-Driven
Development and daily stand up meetings.
* We contribute to the Free Software we use and publish our own on
* Our recent and current projects include surfacing popular content,
simplification of our sign-up process, generation of business
reports on site usage, and a major rework of content access
permissions which allows us to expose valuable content to
* Future projects include a content recommendation system,
integration with the Campaign Monitor mailing service, a re-work
of our subscription model, user tracking and metrics, and major
design and UX improvements across the whole site.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send us your CV
<mailto:gnarea+jobs at tech.2degreesnetwork.com> and tell us why you think
you're the right person for this job (don't forget to mention any Free
Software contributions you've made).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the python-uk