[python-uk] Next Python Sheffield June 28th

Daley Chetwynd d_chetwynd at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 14:12:23 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The next Python Sheffield meeting has been confirmed for Tuesday June
28th at the GIST Lab. The meeting will run from 19:00 - 21:00,
although doors will be open at the GIST Lab from 18:30. The GIST Lab
is located opposite Sheffield train station and behind the Showroom
cinema:

http://thegisthub.net/groups/gistlab

This month we've got the following three speakers:

James Hensman: NumPy and SciPy - Freedom for Data Scientists
David Jones: Google Summer of Code - Helping Scientists Write Python
Robie Basak: Enhancing Python Performance with C

At our last meeting we had 20 people attending. If you'd like to join
us for this meeting, please register for free at:

http://pysheff1106.eventbrite.com/

The Python Sheffield group is open to all levels of Python user,
including those that don't currently know the Python language, but
would like to learn. To find out more about the group, follow
@pysheff
on Twitter or see the Google group:

http://groups.google.com/group/python-sheffield

We're also always looking for future speakers, so if you'd like to talk
on anything Python-related and fancy a trip over to Sheffield, please
get in touch.

Thanks,

Daley Chetwynd