[python-uk] Python Sheffield March 29th

Daley Chetwynd d_chetwynd at fastmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 12:28:42 CET 2011

Hi all,

The next Python Sheffield meeting is being held on Tuesday March 29th at
the GIST Lab in Sheffield. The meeting will run from 19:00 - 21:00,
although doors will be open at the GIST Lab from 18:30. The GIST Lab is
opposite Sheffield train station and behind the Showroom cinema:

http://thegisthub.net/groups/gistlab

At our last meeting on Feb 22nd we had 19 attendees and 3 speakers,
including a great introduction to Django from @safehammad of Python
North West. This month our main talk will be from @scraperwiki, a
popular screen-scraping platform for data processing and storage that
can be used with several different languages, including Python
(www.scraperwiki.com). We have slots available for lightning talks, so
if you'd like to talk for ten minutes on anything Python-related then
please get in touch. If you'd like to give a longer talk at a future
meeting (20-30 minutes), please get in touch also.

The registration page for the next meeting is now open, so if you'd like
to join us then please register for free at:

http://pysheff1103.eventbrite.com/

More information on the Python Sheffield group can be found by following
@pysheff on Twitter, or from the Google group:

http://groups.google.com/group/python-sheffield

Thanks,

Daley Chetwynd