[python-uk] Python role

Giles Thomas giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
Tue May 17 20:16:13 CEST 2011

On 17/05/2011 16:20, David Walker wrote:
> I seem to remember that nearly everyone was pretty happy with
> well-targeted, well-explained UK Python jobs, but then most people
> were pretty un-happy with agents spamming the list with vague adverts
> with the slightest reference to Python in them and drawing the line is
> difficult.

Ah, right -- that rings a bell, sounds sensible.  So Sally's email was
actually fine, even if she sent it here accidentally.

> Go on Giles, tell us about your job!

Heh, am I that transparent?  ;-)

So: Resolver are hiring, we're looking for a junior/mid-level developer
to work mostly on PythonAnywhere, our new online Python IDE/console
environment (<http://pythonanywhere.com>).  The role's in London, near
Farringdon tube.

Everyone works on every bit of the system, and we do XP/pair
programming, so training/ramping up is generally very fast, and there's
loads of knowledge transfer all the time.  The stack is
Linux/Python/Django/Apache/Tornado/JavaScript, with most of the fun
stuff happening in Python but some interesting JS too.  We're using git
for the VCS and Selenium (driven by Python) for functional testing,
which we do a lot of.  Deployment uses Fabric and Boto to drive Amazon
EC2.  No prior knowledge of any of the toolchain is required, though: we
find that people pick it up pretty quickly (thanks to the pair programming).

We're currently seeking another round of angel funding, and it's looking
positive, but if you need a role with total stability/safety then it's
probably not for you.  OTOH we are offering a share options package, so
there's a good upside potential.

Some more details here: <http://www.resolversystems.com/about/jobs.php>

Drop me a line off-list if you're interested!

Cheers,

Giles

--
Giles Thomas
giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 3051 2751

PythonAnywhere: A console in your browser
<http://pythonanywhere.com/>

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK