[python-uk] Python Developer - BATS Europe

Menno Smits menno at freshfoo.com
Thu May 19 11:41:01 CEST 2011

Hi all,

My employer is currently seeking Python developers. Sorry for adding
another job posting but this one is highly relevant to this list. No
agencies or recruiters please.

Details below.

Cheers,
Menno

=========================
Python Software Developer
=========================
Location: London

BATS Europe, a pan-European Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF), is
currently seeking experienced Python developers to work on its batch and
web systems.

Responsibilities
----------------
As a Python developer at BATS you'll:

* work at fast pace to design, engineer and test highly reliable
services to support the BATS trading platform;
* have a high degree of responsibility for the systems you work on,
supporting the BATS batch systems, web applications and real-time
trading system;
* work with other smart, motivated developers to create and adapt
systems to meet new requirements which often involve large datasets,
distributed processing and challenging data analysis and visualisation;
* occasionally, or on a project basis, work on BATS' C++ systems which
support the ultra-fast trading platform.

Requirements
------------
* Solid Python knowledge.
* Knowledge of at least one Python web programming framework.
* Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
* Familiar with advanced SQL techniques.
* Knowledge of open source software and use of open source software in a
commercial environment.
* Familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux system
administration tasks.
* Preferred: Familiarity with C or C++.
* Preferred: Familiarity with JavaScript.
* Preferred: Degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Preferred: Experience in one or more relevant financial areas (market
data, order management, algorithmic trading, financial systems
integration, compliance, etc.)

Associate Benefits
------------------
BATS Trading offers one of the most exciting places to work in London
with an opportunity to take on the established financial exchanges.
Working at BATS is exciting, "real-time" fast, always changing, and on
the leading edge of technology. We only hire the best and brightest. If
you are in the top ranks in your field of expertise, then you might
consider applying to BATS.

Join us and work alongside other top-notch professionals. We have a
casual (yet not sloppy) dress code, because we value what our employees
can do more than how they dress. Lunch is catered every day at no cost
to our employees. Our compensation program, made up of salary, and
bonus, is highly competitive. In addition, the company offers a
retirement plan with matching contributions, a group health plan, gym
membership and life insurance.

About BATS
----------
Since its founding in June 2005, BATS has positioned itself in the
United States as a leading market centre delivering speed, performance
and innovation to its subscriber base, which is comprised of hundreds of
Wall Street’s most recognised names. In October 2008, BATS launched a
pan-European MTF, based in London.  The industry and technology
professionals that make up the BATS team are focused on keeping
innovation and competition alive in the securities markets.  BATS is
bringing the same level of innovation and competition to Europe.

For more information on BATS Europe, please visit our website at
www.batstrading.co.uk.

Contact
--------
Mike Beaver