[python-uk] memoize & ordering of kwargs.items()

Ross Lawley ross.lawley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:50:40 CET 2011

Hi,

>From the docs: http://docs.python.org/library/stdtypes.html#dict.items

"CPython implementation detail: Keys and values are listed in an arbitrary
order which is non-random, varies across Python implementations, and
depends on the dictionary’s history of insertions and deletions."

Given that I would use sorted to guarantee order.  Then no matter what
anyone has done to the kwargs passed in the memoizing will not have a bug.

Ross