[python-uk] FlogTheDogs.com : computer and programming related gear (plus site)

Will McGugan will at willmcgugan.com
Tue Aug 28 15:15:43 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>wrote:

> On 28 Aug 2012, at 13:35, Will McGugan <will at willmcgugan.com> wrote:
>
> > Nice. I would like to see Freecycle run off flogthedogs. Have you seen
> Freecycle? Awesome concept, hideous interface.
> >

> Last time I saw freecycle it was a very-high-traffic Yahoo groups mailing
> list that you had to subscribe to to use. So I didn't even bother looking
> this time round - but I did want to make it easy to give stuff away.
> Likewise Craigslist in the UK is an equally bad user interface here as it
> is in the US, but doesn't seem to be used much (particularly locally).

They revamped freecycle recently. It's no longer running off Yahoo groups.
It's still the same basic format though. The biggest problem I have with it
is that you still have to sign up to a particular geographical area. Your
'n miles from my location' is more sensible.

--
Will McGugan
http://www.willmcgugan.com