[python-uk] FlogTheDogs.com : computer and programming related gear (plus site)

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Wed Aug 29 01:23:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Will McGugan wrote:
[...]
> They revamped freecycle recently. It's no longer running off Yahoo groups.
> It's still the same basic format though. The biggest problem I have with it
> is that you still have to sign up to a particular geographical area. Your
> 'n miles from my location' is more sensible.

"n miles from me" becomes less helpful in London at 5 or 10 miles or so,
because travel time depends on direction as well as distance.  I guess the
situation is similar elsewhere.

I imagine there are services out there that provide geospatially indexed
travel time.  It wouldn't have to be very accurate to be useful for this.

John