[python-uk] Python Developers - ReportLab, Wimbledon, London

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Dec 11 11:51:51 CET 2012

ReportLab are one of oldest Python firms in the UK.  We are looking
for high-calibre individuals to join us in Wimbledon (South-West
London), UK, for immediate start.

Reportlab offers a chance to work on world-beating technology with
very high quality mentors, a first class customer base and enormous
potential for growth.   We are looking for people who are smart, get
things done and are good team players.  We will consider people with
extensive experience, as well as those at the start of their careers.

All of the following skills are of interest - although we don't expect
anyone to have all of them:

* Python programming - or evidence of ability to learn multiple languages
* Good analysis skills - the ability to listen to customers, figure
out where the value lies, and help decide what to build in the first
place
* Understanding of web frameworks, databases, XML
* CSS and HTML
* Javascript programming
* Have the common sense to know when coding is NOT the answer and the
ability to communicate clearly with non-programmers
* Common practices in agile, open-source-style development
* Ubuntu or similar sysadmin experience
* Design skills (web and/or print)
* Mobile development (HTML5/tablet/handheld)

Our work covers the full stack from front-end through to server-side
development, in a modern open source environment. We use Python,
Django and MySQL on all common platforms, jquery and similar libraries
for rich interfaces, as well as our own products for PDF generation.
In 2013 we expect to be working on..
* hosted systems to generate personalised documents and data graphics
for clients
* an exciting SAAS offering
* our open source and commercial PDF libraries, used by thousands worldwide
* major web applications for financial clients, including mobile development

We are based in Wimbledon Village, in one of the nicest corners of
London, with beautiful views and just 200m from Wimbledon Common.  If
you want to avoid the London commute, there are numerous options
nearby.  We also have showers and changing facilities on site and are
just 200m from the common, for those who seek a healthy lifestyle.

Salary range is £20k-£35k depending on experience.

Please email a CV to vacancies at reportlab.com.  If you email me
directly, you have failed in our trademarked "can this person follow
simple instructions?" rapid screening process.

If you don't have a CV up to date but are interested, please drop a
note anyway as we will be interviewing before Christmas.

Strictly no agencies, please.  We will only talk to direct applicants.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
Managing Director