[python-uk] [pyconuk] Python-UK Google Plus Community

Zeth theology at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:44:51 CET 2012

On 10/12/12 14:32, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I now that I have been absent for a number of years on this list, but
> now after changing jobs (well I am in the middle of it again), changing
> homes and being a daddy (still am) I have come to a point where I can
> get more actively involved again.
>
> Since google lately communities introduced , I have started the
> Python-UK one, however I hope that I can involve some members on this
> list too, especially in the event of conflicts of moderation.
>
> I know that some members do not think too highly about the omnipresent
> of google, however I do think it is nicely implemented and can give good
> reach out to the community.
>
> You can find it here:
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109155400666012015869
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Martin P. Hellwig

time to read all of the google+ group itself yet.

Regarding the discussion about the differences between this mailing list
and the new google plus group, apart from the proprietary issue about
big brother, for me the key difference is that the Google group will
allow lots of more trivial, specific or tentative discussions. It is not
normal to tell the mailing list that I made this script or I wrote this
blog post, but that is quite normal for a google group.

I like this kind of thing, but I understand the negative expressions. I
think the answer is that if anything genuinely useful bubbles up out of
the Google Plus group, it should be cross-posted here for the benefit of
those who want a higher signal to noise ratio.

Best Wishes,
Zeth