[python-uk] West Yorks. Python Group - Thurs. 13 December - Leeds

Peter Russell qwertyface at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:55:44 CET 2012

== West Yorkshire Python User Group Meeting - Thurs. 13 December ==

= Talk: Simon Davy, Unit testing Django =

Django includes a test framework that is very convenient and widely
used. It includes test database set up, fixtures, and a convenient way
of calling your via Django's framework.

However, it is actually testing your application at integration level,
rather than at unit level. Integration tests are good, but so are unit
tests! (which test smaller areas and run faster).

In this talk we'll look at three different ways to use standard unit
testing techniques when testing django applications to write actual
unit tests.

== Date and Time ==

Thursday 13 December, talk from 7:30pm.

If you want to arrive before the talk, the venue will be open from
about 6.30. We will be finished by 9, and we will be going to the pub
afterwards.

== Location ==

We will be meeting at the offices of The Test People:

Albion Court
Albion Place
Leeds
West Yorkshire,
LS1 6JL

If you have trouble getting in, please call Peter on 07763570860.

== About the Group ==

The West Yorkshire Python User Group (WYPy) have been meeting monthly
since 2007. Our meetings are free, and usually include at least one
talk, as well as a trip to the pub.

Our website is at http://wypy.org.uk . We discuss our meetings on the
Python Yorkshire and Humberside Google
Grouphttp://groups.google.com/group/python-yorks-humber/ and you can