[python-uk] 7 x Linux / Python roles - UK Wide
sally at e-recruiter.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 17:35:36 CET 2012
Good afternoon all,
I have multiple roles within the Python environment - I've included Developers as well as Engineers, I hope this is ok?
I've added location and salary details, however if you want more details - just please let me know.
In summary, I have the following roles:
· Open Source / Python Developer - Oxford - £30-45k + benefits
· Experienced Linux Systems Engineer - Central London - £40k -£55k
· Python Developers - £20-33k + benefits - Experienced / Graduate / Trainee - West Sussex
· Python / Django Developer - Portsmouth - £25-35k + benefits
· Python / Django Developer - London - £25-40k benefits
· Python Developer - London - £35-45k + benefits
· Python Contractor - London - £300 - 400 PD
Please find the details below - I've been working with these companies for a long while, so am happy to answer any questions.
Open Source / Python Developer - Oxford - £30-45k + benefits
Are you a passionate Open Source / Python Developer? Are you looking to work in a company where your skills, opinion and ideas matter and are taken into account? Are you focused on solving problems and don't give up until you've fixed them Then this is the job for you!
Exceptional Startup is looking for an Experienced Python Developer to join their well funded and growing company based in Oxford city centre. You will be working alongside the designers, product managers and online marketing team.
The company is very passionate about the people working for them. They provide a friendly, team-focused environment where you are listened to, can make a difference and bring ideas to the table. You will be working with a team who come from technical backgrounds, including the management team, which means they are aware of your skills and can help you with your tasks.
In order to be successful for this Python Developer role, you must have the following:
* Commercial experience in Python and Linux
* Pride in your software and code
* Love solving problems independently or as a member of a talented team.
Ideally you will have the following experience (however training will be provided)
* Web frameworks, OOP and the MVC paradigm
* Open Source contribution(s)
As a Python developer you will:
* Focusing on the ongoing development of the web application
* Submitting code and projects to the open source community
* Working to build the features that the users need
* Help build a business of global scale
* Working every day with open-source tech such as Python, Django, Debian, Postgres etc.
My client is offering £30-45k + benefits + career progression + training.
Experienced Linux Systems Engineer - Central London - £40k -£55k
Successful and Established, software house is looking for an Experienced Linux Systems Engineer to join their technical team. You will be joining a range of Open Source and Technical staff within a friendly team. You will be working for software house with a great reputation for customer service and amazing software.
You will be joining a company of 100 and working on systems that are used by Millions of people.
In order to be successful for this role you must have the following:
* Large scale database back end primarily using PostgreSQL / SQL database.
* Managing network devices preferably CISCO ( CCNA and CCNP certifications).
* Strong Linux skills.
* Experience in Data Center environments e.g installation or management of server hardware, power, network etc
* Implemented systems to enable management and monitoring of large scale systems. Things like Puppet, Kickstart, Nagios, Munin, Cacti, Chef or similar
* Actively involved in investigating/testing new technologies & open source solutions.
My client is offering £40 - £55k + benefits + career progression + training.
Python Developers - £20-33k + benefits - Experienced / Graduate / Trainee - West Sussex
Successful and growing software house is looking for a range of Experienced and Trainee/Graduate Python Developers to join their team. You will be working with cutting edge technologies and improving award winning software.
The main language used throughout the company is Python.
As a Python Developer you will be working in a team of highly capable programmers, using technologies such as Python and Linux, and modern agile development processes encompassing pair programming, unittests, test-first, and a high degree of automation.
In order to be success for this role you must have the following:
* A keen analytical mind, with a sound ability to judge when to focus on the details, and when to think laterally
* Experience in programming under Linux/UNIX (and other OS's, preferable)
* Exposure to or experience of Python
* Extensive proven work experience of programming would be preferred; also extensive proven experience of delivering software in a commercial setting is essential
* Familiarity with a number of databases such as Postgresql, mysql, and Oracle
* Strong documentation skills.
Candidates with Sourceforge or Github or Google Summer of Code experience are also welcome.
My client is offering an exceptional work and open source environment. The salary offered for this role is £20-33k + benefits
Python / Django Developer - Portsmouth - £25-35k + benefits
Exciting and established Software House is looking for additional driven and passionate Python/Django developers in Portsmouth.
Graduates and Experienced developers welcome!
As a Python / Django Developer you will be joining a knowledgeable Open Source team who have a passion for using Open Source tools and languages. Working within the team you will face complex and interesting software development problems, as well as gaining feedback from the clients in order to improve and evolve your software.
You will be working on Established and Successful Open Source Company, specilising in "New" and "Cutting Edge Technologies".
You will be joining a friendly, passionate and structured team, working on Database heavy software and working on a variety of challenges and projects. You must have (commercial / academic / personal) Django and Python experience.
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop software using the full software life cycle, as well as meeting clients and seeing how your software impacts their businesses.
Due to the nature of the work you must also be familiar with either a Debian or Ubuntu system.
My client is offering upto £35k + benefits
Python / Django Developer - London - £25-45k + benefits
Established Open Source Software House is looking for Python Developers for their new base in London.
Graduates and Experienced developers welcome!
You will be joining an established team in their new premises and this is a chance to be part of something big. You will be working with Open Source passionate Python Developers who come from varied backgrounds. You will face complex and interesting software development problems and have strong client contact throughout the day.
Working with Database heavy software, based on Linux, you will be working on the front end as well as the back end.
My client is offering upto £25k - £45k + benefits
2 x Python / E-commerce Developers - North London - £25-45k + benefits
Exceptional opportunity to join an Open Source software house.
You will be joining an established ecommerce company who are the leaders in their niche field.
You will be working on existing software/applications and new releases. Working alongside designers, testers and fellow developers.
Your main responsibilities will be working on:
* Integration of a Strong Auth encryption system enabling the store of credit card numbers securely.
* Implementing stored customer payment card details for quick and secure online booking (including mobile website).
* Redesigning the booking process UI.
* Facebook integration of customer reviews and ticket bookings.
* Redesigning the back office UI.
You MUST have the following skills:
* Python, Python-based web frameworks such as Turbogears and Django and Python-based templating languages such as Kid, Jinja and Genshi.
* Experience of developing e-commerce websites
* Experience of developing software on both Linux and Windows and be happy to work with either environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference and to see the effect your work will be having on a day-to-day basis. You will be working in a proactive environment where you will be encouraged to bring ideas to the table and to problem solve and troubleshoot.
My client is offering £25-45k (dependent on experience) + benefits + perks + training.
Python Developer - Contract 1-2 Months - £300-400 PD.
Established and successful E-Commerce Company is looking for a Python Developer to join their team for 1-2 months. In order to be successful for this role you MUST have the following skills:
Your main responsibilities will be working with e-commerce pages including booking processes, Customer input details, promotion codes and transactions.
You will be working as part of a team of designers, developers and testers and working on existing software and applications.
You will be involved in the development, testing and release of the software and applications.
You MUST have previous ecommerce / e-commerce experience.
This role is based in North London.
Hope you all have a good Monday :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the python-uk