[python-uk] Next Python Sheffield meeting Nov 27th

Daley Chetwynd d_chetwynd at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 14:42:44 CET 2012

Hi all,

The next Python Sheffield meeting will be on Tuesday November 27th at
the GIST Lab. The meeting will run from 19:00 - 21:00, although doors
will be open at the GIST Lab from 18:45. The GIST Lab is located
opposite Sheffield train station and behind the Showroom cinema:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=GIST+Lab,+Sheffield,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=12.200068,14.128418&oq=GIST+Lab&t=h&hq=GIST+Lab,&hnear=Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&z=16

Our last meeting before Christmas will be none too serious, as we hack
together a text adventure game. On the evening, we'll get into small
groups, claim squares from a map, and code the interaction. The player
will have to recover a small object from one of your squares, but what
they have to do to get it is up to you, so start dreaming up clever
gameplay mechanisms. At the end of the session, we'll take some time to
play the game on the projector.

If you'd like to attend this meeting then please register for free at:

http://pythonsheffield1211-eorg.eventbrite.com

Please bring a laptop with Python 3 already installed, and a text editor
you're comfortable using. The Python Sheffield group is open to all
levels of Python user, including those who don't currently know the
Python language but would like to learn. We're always looking for future
speakers, so if you'd like to talk on anything Python-related and fancy
a trip over to Sheffield, please get in touch. To find out more, follow
@pysheff on Twitter or see the Google group:

groups.google.com/group/python-sheffield

Thanks,

Daley

                          wherever you are