[python-uk] unto this last - python developer job

Rachid Belaid rachid.belaid at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:50:38 CET 2012

Hello,

I m a big fan of your shop :)

My desk and chairs at home come from your shop.

If I was available I would consider to apply.

I wish you good luck in your search, I advice you to try to post an add on
the Python Community job board . http://www.python.org/community/jobs/

Continue to build great furnitures

R.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Pierre Schmidt <pierre.schmidt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> at Unto This Last we believe that technology can help the local
> craftsman compete with IKEA. We are a furniture workshop based in
> London, we design, make and sell furniture from our shop and workshop
> in Brick lane, E2, at prices you can afford.
>
> We have developed software using Python in order to support our
> production system and use our main tool, a computer controlled cutting
> machine. Over 10 years we have developed a unique technology that
> allows us to make each piece of furniture, one by one at the price of
> mass-production. Our aim is to develop this software into a package
> that will enable other workshops to manufacture furniture on-demand on
> high streets across the UK. To do this, we need to upgrade to a
> reliable, network enabled system. Our vision is a web application
> where customers and franchisees can access hundreds of products,
> customise them, and send a digital file to their local Unto This Last
> workshop: a "Digital Craftsman Operating System".
>
> We were one of the winners of the Technology Strategy Board “Tech City
> Launchpad” competition. We are recruiting a python programmer for a 7
> months project, January to July 2013, working full-time from our
> workshop in Brick lane, E2, in a team of 3. The core technology we are
> using is Python, using the QT and Django frameworks.
>
> If you are interested, please contact us or drop by our workshop to
> discuss.
>
> Thank you,
> Pierre
>
> http://www.untothislast.co.uk/

Rach Belaid
Director at Iron Braces Ltd
Flat 9 240B Amhurst Road, London N16 7UL
Phone : +44 75 008 660 84
VAT : 114 2764 36