[python-uk] Next CamPUG meeting: Tuesday 6th November 2012

Tony Ibbs tibs at tibsnjoan.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 22:08:20 CEST 2012

From the Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group google group:

The next meeting will be Tuesday 6th November, 7.30pm at RealVNC (http://tinyurl.com/realvncoffices).
We normally stop about 9.30pm, and go on to the pub.

This will be a talks meeting.

Jukka Lehtosalo has agreed to come and talk about mypy (http://www.mypy-lang.org/), "an experimental Python variant that aims to combine the benefits of dynamic (or "duck") typing and static typing". I heard him talk about it briefly at PyConUK, and I think this should be interesting.

I also hope we'll have another speaker, on Python, unit-testing, and using Python to unit test C++ programs. I'll confirm that when I know for sure.

If anyone else wants to give a talk (anything from five minutes and up is welcome), either volunteer on the group, or just turn up with something to say.

Meetings after that should be:
	• Tuesday 4th December, a coding/doing stuff meeting
	• Tuesday 8th January (note,  NOT  the first Tuesday), another talks meeting
	• Tuesday 5th February, a coding/doing stuff meeting.
Tibs