[python-uk] REPOST: Python developer / Bank of America - Reconciliations Team, Canary Wharf

Fadhley, Salim salim.fadhley at baml.com
Tue Apr 30 18:08:57 CEST 2013

Just a reminder - My team still have vacancies for the role that I mentioned a fortnight ago. In case you are wondering, we have roles for both permanent & contractors.

Bank of America, Reconciliations Team (Canary Wharf, London, UK)

Job Description:
================
We are currently recruiting Python developers to join the Quartz Reconciliations team.
Quartz is a company-wide project to consolidate business systems into a single Python-based platform. Quartz provides grid-computing, storage, a consistent developer environment, and financial/UI APIs.
The Reconciliations team is responsible for building tools which help teams within the organization improve the quality and consistency of data across a large number of financial systems.

We are looking for candidates with the aptitude to grapple with the complexity of the ever-growing Quartz platform. We are looking for experienced Python developers who can act as Python mentors to other developers and provide leadership in design, development, testing and delivery of Python code.

Successful candidates will play a role in the full development cycle of our products, working within an Agile (Scrum) development process.

Our primary development language is Python, however skills in other technologies such as relational and document-oriented databases may be beneficial. We are interested in meeting candidates from all backgrounds (not just finance), with a broad technological knowledge. We value knowledge in aspects of computing and technology which do not have a direct application on our project.

Requirements
============
* Previous experience as a senior Python developer
* Fluency in the Python language + Standard libraries
* Experience in test-driven development

Contact Info:
* Contact: Salim Fadhley / Stephen Brown
* E-mail contact: salim.fadhley at baml.com / stephen.d.brown at baml.com
* Other Contact Info: t. 0207 9951134 / 0207 9961845
* No telecommuting
* No headhunters!

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.