[python-uk] Can you help us build our London team?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Feb 16 20:51:40 CET 2013

The London Python Group
(http://www.meetup.com/The-London-Python-Group-TLPG/) is beginning to
take off as well. I am hoping to see it meet monthly at Skills Matter.
Not trying to compete with the Dojo but to complement it.

The meeting last Tuesday had a "Job pitch" to open it in return for
pizza and beer after the session (which, OK, was done by me
http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/scala/switch-to-python-3-now-immediately
http://skillsmatter.com/event/scala/switch-to-python-3-now-immediately)

I thought this worked very well. The company did their pitch in a neat
and humorous way, it didn't come over as anything heavy, just good
natured. I hope they fill the post from a contact made that evening.
Overall, very Pythonic :-)

The pizza and beer worked very well and enable "pressing the flesh". A
great round off to the event.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk