[python-uk] The perils of reply-to

Ben Fields me at benfields.net
Thu Jan 3 12:52:30 CET 2013

As a long time lurker, I'm happy with the way it works currently (ie.
reply-to-list by default). I think it's useful to have to default
conversation be to the community as a whole, even if that sometimes
comes with the added benefit of a demonstration of some users email
skill level.

Plus people can always take conversations off-list as they feel is needed.

Cheers

Ben

On 03/01/13 11:49, Álex González wrote:
> I will find really annoying that a default behaviour reply-to-sender
> in a public list.
>
> My 2 cents :)
>
> Happy New Year and see you on the Dojo!
>

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Andy Robinson <andy at reportlab.com
> <mailto:andy at reportlab.com>> wrote:
>
>     As a list admin I supposed I ought to ask this again.
>
>     Currently the emails are set to 'reply to the list' by default.   It
>     used to be 'reply to sender' but too many people found they were doing
>     just that and cutting off conversations, so a few years ago there was
>     a general vote to change it.
>
>     In the light of this morning's, er, entertainment, are the Python
>     developers on this list (well, all but one of them...) happy with the
>     way it currently works?
>
>     Best Regards,
>
>     --
>     Andy Robinson
>     Managing Director
>     ReportLab Europe Ltd.
>
>     (I think I am still a list admin...)
>

> --
> @agonzalezro <http://twitter.com/agonzalezro> or my blog
> <http://agonzalezro.github.com>
> Please, don't send me files with extensions: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx,
> .ppt and/or .pptx

Benjamin Fields

**Please note that my email address b.fields at gold.ac.uk no longer reaches me. Please update your address books accordingly.**

Data Analysis Engineer, Musicmetric
Visiting Post-doctoral Researcher, Goldsmiths University of London
e	: me at benfields.net
m	: +44 (0)796 106 1568
t	: @alsothings
w       : http://benfields.net
"Which is more musical: a truck passing by a factory or a truck passing by a music school?" --John Cage