[python-uk] The perils of reply-to

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 18:21:31 CET 2013

On 3 Jan 2013, at 16:25, Daniele Procida wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013, David Walker <dave at dave.gs> wrote:
>
>> You could click the "UK Python Users" address to delete that, then copy and
>> paste the email address from the original email.
>> Reply should do what it always does, which is reply to the person who sent
>> the email.
>
> No, this is a list for discussing things, like this, not just for announcements (in which case it would be appropriate for replies to go to back to the sender).

+1

> How can it "help UK Python users to form a community, arrange events, advertise help or jobs wanted or sought and generally chat" if by default discussions are just between individuals?

Indeed, *you* (Daniele) did not send *me* this email. You sent it to the list. My replies should by default go back to the list. If you wanted to contact me personally you would have emailed me personally. If I wanted to reply privately then I would have explicitly done so.

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton, Technical Director
Netsight Internet Solutions Limited

Registered in England No. 3892180
Registered office: 40 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HU