[python-uk] The perils of reply-to

Michael sparks.m at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:19:16 CET 2013

On 3 January 2013 22:41, Jon Ribbens <jon+python-uk at unequivocal.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 07:41:31PM +0000, Michael wrote:

>> > You are wrong. HTH.
>>
>> No, he's not - he's absolutely correct when he says the mailing list
>> exists to serve its users - not any notion of correctness.
>
> If that was the only thing he'd said I wouldn't've said he was wrong.

Since you're not arguing that he's wrong about the majority of list
posters (here) preferring reply to list, and that the mailing list
exists to serve them, and that any arbitrary notion of correctness
other than that isn't relevant, are you saying that Michael's
perception of what he sees is incorrect?  (cf "I rarely see" and "I
very rarely see")

Or is he wrong about your apparent obstinate belief in your desires ?
(I personally would have said petulant)

Michael.