[python-uk] Interest in Python Open Enrolment?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Jul 13 21:34:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Over the years I've delivered many on-site custom Python courses, but
> I'm now thinking about offering one or two open-enrolment courses.
>
> If this might be of interest, I'd be grateful if you'd respond to the
> questions below---and please reply only to me so as not to clutter the
> list (the default reply is to the list).

Just to add an element of competition to things, I must point out that
many of us do private Python programming courses, introductory,
intermediate and advanced, and indeed public courses. I run my public
Python Programming Workshop via Skills Matter.

http://skillsmatter.com/course/home/russel-winders-python-workshop

[…]
> (2) Which version of Python would be of interest:
>     ( ) 2.7
>     ( ) 3.1+
[…]

Personally I feel all public courses should always be using Python 3.3
or at worst 3.2 (but 3.3 is a winner because of pyvenv and unittest.mock
amongst a whole slew of other things.)

Some organizations clearly need 2.7 for private courses, but I think the
time is past when 2.7 was seen as the version to teach for public
courses.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk