[python-uk] West Yorks. Python Group - Thurs 14 March - Coding Session

Peter Russell qwertyface at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:46:40 CET 2013

== West Yorkshire Python User Group Meeting - Thurs. 14 March ==

= Coding Session - Porting Restish to Python 3 =

This month we have decided to do some good for the world, by porting
Matt Goodall's web framework Restish to Python 3. Matt is a member of
the group, so we'll have all the context we could hope for.

You can find the source for Restish here[1] and the early work on
porting it to Python 3 here[2].

Don't worry if you're new to Python 3 (a lot of us are), or even to
Python, we'll muddle through and figure it out!

You should probably bring a laptop with Python 2.6 or higher and
Python 3.3 installed if you have one available.

[1] https://github.com/ish/restish [2]
https://github.com/warsaw/restish/tree/py33

= Date and Time =

Thursday 14 March, from 6:30pm.

We're starting earlier this month to give us a little more time. Don't
worry about turning up after the start, it's fully expected that some
people will be later.

= Location =

We will be meeting at the offices of The Test People:

Floor 3
Albion Court
Albion Place
Leeds
West Yorkshire,
LS1 6JL

You will need to call Peter on 07763570860 for access, as we can't
hear the buzzer at the door.

= About the Group =

The West Yorkshire Python User Group (WYPy) have been meeting monthly
since 2007. Our meetings are free, and usually include at least one
talk, as well as a trip to the pub.

Our website is at http://wypy.org.uk . We discuss our meetings on the
Python Yorkshire and Humberside Google Group
http://groups.google.com/group/python-yorks-humber/ and you can also
follow us on Twitter at @WYPython.