[python-uk] Suggestions / best practices for deployment

Alfredo Aguirre alfredo at madewithbyt.es
Wed May 15 12:30:46 CEST 2013

Hi Harry,

I will get a copy of your book once it is out. I loved the hands-on workshop you gave in London a while ago.

Maybe cuisine can help: https://github.com/sebastien/cuisine is a set of scripts to bootstrap applications via fabric.

I've been working in a vagrant + puppet setup for a local environment and deployable to Heroku. Please note that this is work in progress and it is far from completed  https://github.com/alfredo/django-template-plus

But if this is aimed to beginners this would add loads of concepts to the mix. Vagrant, Puppet, VirtualBox and any other under-the-hood bits of the configuration, something like this would feel like a black box.

Maybe you could create a simpler setup?

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Alfredo