[python-uk] copyright info in source

Jon Ribbens jon+python-uk at unequivocal.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 14:41:41 CEST 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 10:45:20PM +0100, Harry Percival wrote:
>    apologies for resurrecting a dead thread, but i came across this license
>    and was impressed:
>
>    http://unlicense.org/

It seems to me that it's similar to the MIT License except without the
benefit of having been written by someone who has the slightest clue
about copyright law. As far as I'm aware you cannot just "put something
in the public domain", and therefore without a proper license you have
no right to use code written by anyone else.