[python-uk] copyright info in source

Jonathan Hartley tartley at tartley.com
Mon Sep 9 15:18:10 CEST 2013

A small Python project of mine is apparently being included in Chromium,
because I've had a bug report from them that my source files (plural)
fail their build-time license checker.

They'd like me to include a license and copyright info in every source
file (including empty __init__.py files).

I've responded that I don't want to be unhelpful, but I don't believe in
putting duplicate license and copyright info in every source code file.
To my mind, it belongs in a single central place, i.e. the project
LICENSE file.

Am I being unreasonable and/or daft?

     Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hartley    tartley at tartley.com    http://tartley.com
Made of meat.       +44 7737 062 225       twitter/skype: tartley