[python-uk] copyright info in source

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Sep 9 21:07:38 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-09 at 16:13 +0100, Jonathan Hartley wrote:
> Why would a file ever be seen out of context? Surely to make my source
> available without the LICENSE file is breaking the terms of my license,
> so I'm not sure why I ought to jump through hoops just to cater for such
> people. Am I wrong?

You are both right and wrong. You are right that this should be the case
in (programmer) logic. However the issue is what does the amalgam of
statute, case law, barristers and judges make of the situation.

I would suggest either complying with the request, or withdraw the
material from licenced use.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk