[python-uk] copyright info in source

Jonathan Hartley tartley at tartley.com
Mon Sep 9 21:57:08 CEST 2013

Thanks for all the input, people.

FWIW, The folks downstream said their motivation was the continual difficulty of automatically checking for acceptable licenses on the many bits of (allegedly) FOSS they use. They have 4k of filenames that the license checker can't currently account for, and re-checking them all manually every few months is a continual drain.

I'll roll over on this one. That the world is the way it is raises my hackles, but no point me making life harder for some other blameless devs. I'll squeeze it into 80 chars per file somehow. Thanks for the pointers on that.

Jonathan Hartley
http://tartley.com