[python-uk] Pre PyConUK Drinks Tonight?

John Pinner funthyme at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 11:39:50 CEST 2013

Hello All,

On 19 September 2013 10:15, Mark Egan-Fuller
<markeganfuller at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm heading to Coventry tonight, is anyone else going to be around for some
> Pre-Conference drinks?

I'm giving a LUG talk in Bham this evening, so won't be around :-(

> Also for those familiar with the area, any good pub choices?

In this area, there's only one choice really:

Whitefriars Old Ale House
114-115 Gosford Street
Coventry
CV15DL

There are some adjacent pubs best avoided as they are full of noisy
lager-drinking kids,

I suggest you bag an upstairs room.

It's one of the few remaining mediaeval buildings in Coventry, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitefriars,_Coventry and has a good
selection of ales.

It does not do food, except that it may have a selection of rolls and
sandwiches, but once they're gone, they're gone.

But the Oriental Palace, London Road, Coventry CV1 2JP, is not far
away from the venue and the Whitefriars, we've used it before and it
has a good all-you-can-eat menu.

See you tomorrow !

John