[python-uk] Python role @ Bank of America, London

Meitham Jamaa meitham at meitham.com
Wed Aug 6 11:46:05 CEST 2014

My team at Bank of America is looking for a python developer to join the
product control team. The role is within the financial management team to
develop a PnL app for its global markets business. This is a multi-year
initiative.

**Requirements**

* Python contract or contract-to-hire developer (negotiable).
* Strong python knowledge, think in python and write pythonic code.
* Experience with financial python (numpy, pandas) - (nice to have)
* TDD mentality, rather than big design upfront.
* Familiarity with databases, we use object databases (like ZODB), relational
  databases and Netezza.
* Strong Object Oriented knowledge and knows when High Order Functions is
  a better fit.
* Experience working and collaborating in a distributed development team model
* Interests in Financial Markets.
* Comfortable with interacting with users.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Familiar with Agile delivery method (nice to have).

If you are interested, please drop me a line on (meitham.jamaa at baml.com)
or (meitham at meitham.com)

--
Meitham Jamaa