[python-uk] Python training courses

Ian Ozsvald ian at ianozsvald.com
Wed Aug 20 22:33:34 CEST 2014

Hello Tibs, we met at PyConUK a year or two back, I hope to say Hi
again in a month's time at the next one.

My group run Data Science and High Performance Python training based
out of London.

The first focuses on improving numpy/scipy/TDD skills, the second on
profiling/compiling/JITs/multi-core/clusters/less RAM/storage
system/debugging. Both have lots of exercises and they're very
hands-on. I've taught for years at PyCons, EuroSciPys, EuroPythons and
I've just finished writing O'Reilly's book on High Performance Python.

Course details here:
http://ianozsvald.com/2014/08/01/python-training-courses-data-science-and-high-performance-python-coming-in-october/
via my Data Science agency http://modelinsight.io/

Cheers, Ian.

On 14 July 2014 20:19, Tony Ibbs <tibs at tibsnjoan.co.uk> wrote:
> A colleague at work has asked me if I know of any good Python training courses.
>
> He's got some C++ and Python experience (he knows about classes and inheritance, seems to be competent with dictionaries, I'd say he's beyond beginner in Python, although I'm not sure if he'd agree), and has potential approval from his boss to go on a training course if he can find one.
>
> We're based in Cambridge, so London is also a sensible option.
>
> We had a quick look at the python.org wiki page on training (it has Russell Winder and Michael Foord listed - I thought Michael was doing something else now?). Enthought clearly have a local office, but their offerings are all scientific Python oriented, which isn't really appropriate. I don't know anything about any of the other companies listed there as offering training.
>
> I *think* an existing course would be more useful than something done in-house specifically for us, since I don't know if there'd be more than one person interested (mind, I haven't asked yet).
>
> So, any suggestions/recommendations would be gratefully received, on or off list.
>
> Tibs

Ian Ozsvald (A.I. researcher)
ian at IanOzsvald.com

http://IanOzsvald.com