[python-uk] Call for Proposals opens for PyData London (21-23 February, 2014)

Cecilia Liao orangesojourner at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 22:58:33 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

PyData London is taking place on 21-23 February, 2014. Call for
proposals is now open - http://bit.ly/pydatalondon2014cfp.

Proposals are being accepted through 30 January. The event brings
together scientists, analysts, developers, engineers, architects and
others from the Python data science community to discuss new techniques
and tools for management, analytics and visualisation of data.
Presentation content can be at a novice, intermediate or advanced level.
Talks will run 30-40 min and hands-on tutorials and workshops will run
60-90 min.

If you are interested in presenting a talk, tutorial or sponsor workshop
on meeting the challenges of big data using Python, please submit a
short abstract and bio at http://bit.ly/pydatalondon2014cfp. To see the
type of topics presented at previous PyData events, have a look at past
conference sites at pydata.org <http://pydata.org/> or check out the
videos on vimeo.com/pydata <http://vimeo.com/pydata>.

Kind regards,
Cecilia

PS. I am one of the volunteers helping to organise the event. If you
have any questions, please feel free to ping me a message, and I will
try my best to find out the answer for you!

About PyData:
In less than 2 years PyData has grown from a workshop in Mountain View,
California attended by 40 people, to 4 conferences a year held in
multiple cities and attended by over 1,300. During this time, sold-out
crowds in Santa Clara, Boston and New York City have participated in
PyData tutorials, workshops and talks presented by prominent individuals
in the Python data science community. PyData is thrilled to be holding
its first European PyData on 21-23 February 2014 at Level39 in Canary
Wharf, London.