[python-uk] Python/Django lightning talk in London: is anyone interested?

Jon Gould J.Gould at austinfraser.com
Fri Jan 24 16:35:35 CET 2014

Hi Andrea,

This is a great idea. The feedback I received from the last DJUGL is that the lightning talks were a success, although some are still of the opinion that there should be longer talks too.

Having been involved in DJUGL for a long time, I’ve found that running it quarterly keeps the interest and the level of speakers high. If it’s too often, the numbers drop off and it’s harder to find speakers who are as keen as well as so many venues.

For the next DJUGL which should be happening in early March (details to follow in the next couple of weeks) I’m planning  two parts of the talks on the night, the first hour will be lightning talks followed by one longer “headline speaker” talk to give everyone good variety.

I have a venue lined up, sponsorship is sorted and I’ll be speaking to some possible “headliners” in the next week.

As this is going out to the UK mailing list, if anyone fancies delivering a lightning talk/headline speaking in March or at a future DJUGL, please shout.

Thanks

Jon

Jon Gould Team Leader / Web & Digital Technologies

Tel: +44 (0)118 952 0153 / Skype: JonWebJobs /

austinfraser.com / <http://www.austinfraser.com/> Twitter / <https://twitter.com/jonwebjobs> LinkedIn / <http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jongould>

©2013. Austin Fraser Ltd.
Terms and Conditions.<http://www.austinfraser.com/terms>

We are proud to share our achievements and involvement in –
The Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For 2013<http://www.bestcompanies.co.uk/Lists/ListedCompanies.aspx?Survey=133&Size=350>
The Sunday Times Fast Track 100<http://www.fasttrack.co.uk/fasttrack/leagues/ft100leaguetable.asp?siteID=1&yr=2012&area1=99&sort=num&x=27&y=14>
Investors in People<http://www.inspiringbusinessperformance.co.uk/news/AustinFraser.php>
APSCo<http://www.apsco.org/directory/austin-fraser-ltd_284.aspx>.