[python-uk] graze.com is hiring for a Python DevOps role

Andy Worsley andy.worsley at graze.com
Mon May 12 10:45:17 CEST 2014

All,

I work in the Tech team at http://www.graze.com/. We're looking to
hire someone to develop our DevOps capability, improve our software
delivery process and contribute innovative ideas to the team.

Please see below for the full role description.

If you are interested:
* Please do get in touch with me directly for more information.
* Do take a look at our website http://www.graze.com/uk/jobs.
* Send me your CV or LinkedIn/GitHub profile, and I can pass on your
details to our recruitment manager.

Cheers,

--
andy worsley
operations technology manager

graze. nature delivered.

*** Summary ***
Python Developer (DevOps)

Location: Richmond, London, United Kingdom
Type: Full Time

*** About us ***
Graze is a fast-growth, technology company started by 7 friends who
all share a passion for food. We deliver tasty, natural snacks through
the post in the UK and the US. We currently employ approx. 300 people
split between our offices in the UK and the US and the three factories
in Feltham, Hayes (UK) and New Jersey (US).

We are growing at a phenomenal rate, particularly since our recent
successful launch in the USA. Based on a home-grown and highly
scalable technology platform, everything from our website through to
our customer service tools and dispatch systems is built in PHP/MySQL
and served through Amazon Web Services or locally in our premises in
Richmond. We believe in engineering for scale and investing in the
both latest technologies and in your personal development.

*** About the role ***
We are looking to recruit a Python developer to design, write and
deploy scalable infrastructure software. One minute you could be
architecting, optimising, managing and automating our extensive cloud
presence, the next our network and server infrastructure running our
manufacturing and fulfilment operations. Or rolling out new, cutting
edge technologies to assist our software development teams. The
challenges here are huge and varied.

This position requires a proactive individual who is passionate about
developing new technology while finding ways to balance company
objectives with real world operations and who shows exceptional
development potential.

*** Essential experience ***
* Designing, writing and deploying scalable software in Python
* Knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
* Excellent Linux administration skills, from setup to deployment,
performance tuning and monitoring

*** Desirable ***
* Experience with Amazon Web Services or other auto-scaling infrastructure
* Configuration management (Puppet, Chef)
* Boto
* Percona MySQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. Couchbase, Redis)
* Advanced monitoring and logging (Nagios, Ganglia, Cacti, Datadog, statsd)

Please note that prior knowledge in the above is desirable but by no
means a necessity and should not discourage you from applying. Graze
has a culture focused on developing potential in individuals who enjoy
learning new skills in a fast moving environment.

*** How to apply ***