[python-uk] Python devs wanted at "Made", Notting Hill

Jonathan Hartley tartley at tartley.com
Mon May 19 15:39:42 CEST 2014

Hey all,

We're recruiting! Permanent, office in Notting Hill, on site only, small
flexibility in hours in times of need, but mostly sorta 8 till 5 or
9:30-6:30 ish.

My employer is "Made" (http://made.com), a 4 year old, 100 person
company, which commissions, imports, and retails swanky furniture for
decent prices. The business model eliminates middlemen and aims to sell
most items while they are on a ship which is just about to reach
England, thus reducing lead times, transportation and warehousing costs.

My team is the 5-person Python "ERP" team. ERP stands for "Enterprise
Resource Planning", and means the logistics of slogging parcels around
between factories, warehouses, containers and customers. To do this, we
use a popular framework called "Odoo" (was "OpenERP"), that feels a
little like using Django in some ways.

You won't be working on our website, which is handled by a separate 10
person PHP team who sits adjacently. They have impressed me with their
professionalism and competence, but nevertheless we exchange
good-natured broadsides from time to time to keep them in check.

There are some fun technical challenges that we're just beginning to get
stuck into, a smashingly sane CTO and senior management, and the
environment benefits (IMHO) from a Nathan-Barley-like army of youthful
"creatives", downstairs, who do various product design and photo shoot
kinds of work. It's all leggy folks draped over sofas (showroom is
onsite) and "flowers for the model" on expenses, which brightens up both
office life and company pub trips.

Hit me up if you're interested. Best regards,

     Jonathan Hartley

--
Jonathan Hartley    tartley at tartley.com    http://tartley.com
Made of meat.       +44 7737 062 225       twitter/skype: tartley