[python-uk] Musclegenes is hiring!

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:50:23 CET 2015

We are looking for two post-junior Python developer, this will be full time
at our office in Bicester.

Here is the job description:

Python Software Developer

Job Description

This is an exciting opportunity to work within the world’s number one
fitness
genetics testing company. We are looking for two python software developers
to join
our team at a post-junior and senior level. The successful candidates will
work
primarily for the in-house technology team, which supports the company with:
- A custom internal administration system written in Django
- A custom customer portal system (also written in Django)
- Integration of the customer portal system with a PHP site
- Various integrations with third party tools and services

We have a number of future projects such as a multi-platform mobile app,
design and
implementation of a 'big data' system that will keep us going beside the
maintenance
and improvements of the existing systems.

Desirable attributes

If you have the following attributes you are just what we are looking for
to join our
team!
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to quickly familiarise with new tools and technology
- Proficiency with the Python Programming language
- Exposure to Django, HTML and JavaScript
- Experience with different software development processes
- Ability to work with an agile development mindset (we still use
specifications, but you may need to write it yourself first)
- You don't need to be a geek, but it will certainly help

Future opportunities

MuscleGenes is currently growing at a significant pace, and as a result we
anticipate
there being further opportunities for career progression as the company
expands,
including promotion to more senior roles and/or additional skills training.
Working hours and salary This is a 38h working week full time position.
Working hours are negotiable based on company requirements.
Starting salary will be in the range of £25,000 - £35,000 depending on
experience, which will be reviewed on a regular basis.

As a MuscleGenes employee you will receive free gym membership at our local
facility ‘The Gym, Bicester’, and also be enrolled in our stock option
scheme, which
will give you a share of the profits in the event that the company is sold
or goes public.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Martin P.
Hellwig at hello at musclegenes.com or call on 075 27 59 39 49.