[python-uk] Issue with unit tests in IntelliJ IDEA

David Szervanszky dszervanszky at omnifone.com
Tue Jul 14 12:33:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

I’ve been working on contributing to an open source project and have gotten to the stage where I’m writing my tests but I’ve run into a bit of an issue around a unit test I’ve written. Namely that the unit test won’t run and I receive the following error:

utrunner.py: error: unrecognized arguments: /Users/me/dev/IdeaProjects/dynamic-dynamodb/dynamic_dynamodb/test_scaling_metrics.py true

I’ve had a look on Google and StackOverflow but I couldn’t find the answer anywhere. My test contains imports for the modules I need, a class containing all of my tests in methods, and the standard entry point:

if __name__ == '__main__':
    unittest.main()

If anyone has any ideas as to what’s going on please let me know and if any further information is required I’d be happy to answer.

Regards,

David Szervanszky
Developer

T +44 (0)20 8600 0580
E dszervanszky at omnifone.com<mailto:dszervanszky at omnifone.com>
W www.omnifone.com<http://www.omnifone.com>

Omnifone | The Old School | 50 Brook Green | London | W6 7BJ

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.