[python-uk] Thursday evening's Dojo - PYGAME ZERO (not to be missed)

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Mon Jun 1 11:57:39 CEST 2015

Hi Folks,

We only have six tickets left for Thursday's dojo at Fry-IT (details
here:
https://ldnpydojo.eventwax.com/london-python-code-dojo-season-6-episode-10).

This month is not to be missed. Our very own Dan Pope (intergalactic
champion of Pythonic game making) has created a new module called PyGame
Zero. It's a version of Pygame for kids and teachers but written in such
a way that it's easy to get going but also simple to "look behind the
curtain" to get to the more advanced stuff.

We've invited Dan to introduce the module after which we're going to use
it as the basis for coding something fun and educational.

If you're coming along (or if you're just curious and can't make it),
all the information you need to install it can be found here (it's
Python 3 only):

https://pygame-zero.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

We'll stick our code on GitHub and point the RaspberryPi Foundation at it.

Looking forward to it!

Nicholas.