[python-uk] And now for something completely different - the PyCon UK Poster Session!

Naomi Ceder naomi.ceder at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 12:01:25 CEST 2015

And now for something completely different - the PyCon UK Poster Session!

We are pleased to announce the very first PyCon UK poster session. Poster
sessions, which are popular at scientific and academic conferences, give
the presenter a chance to stand in front of a one meter square "poster"
illustrating their topic, and interact with attendees as they pass by -
answering questions, trading ideas, etc. in a much more "up close and
personal" setting.

Poster sessions are a good way for people to get started presenting at a
conference, since one is only talking to a few people at a time. They are
also a good venue for niche projects that might not get on a talk program,
or for testing the waters with very new ideas.

This year PyCon UK will be holding its first poster session, accepting up
to 20 posters. For more information, and to find out how to submit a
poster, please visit our poster session page at
http://www.pyconuk.org/posters/ or contact Naomi Ceder at
naomi.ceder at gmail.com

(And please feel free to forward, repost, tweet, blog, or otherwise share
the word!)

--
Naomi Ceder
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111396744045017339164/about