[python-uk] PyDataLondon Conference Call for Proposals now open (until May 18th)

Ian Ozsvald ian at ianozsvald.com
Sun May 3 14:46:36 CEST 2015

The CfP for PyDataLondon Conf 2015 is now open for 2.5 weeks, closing May
18th.
http://london.pydata.org/

PyDataLondon will run during June 19-21 (Fri-Sun) at Bloomberg's HQ in
central London (between Bank and Shoreditch), we'll have 300 attendees and
multiple tracks. The conference builds off of our 1,432 member PyDataLondon
monthly meetup and our 200 attendee conference last year. First time
speakers are strongly encouraged - please come and share your knowledge.

We're using Themes this year with a focus on how people are using data
science in industry, we're very keen for talks on:

   - Tools (libraries, IDEs, hardware – whatever feels like a tool)
   - FinTech and Economics
   - Ecommerce and AdTech
   - Medical and Bioinformatics
   - Other goodies (including Art, Open Data, Data Journalism, NGOs,
   Gaming, IoTs and Robotics – but open to whatever you think is going to be
   interesting)

We're particularly interested in stories of how Data Science is used to add
real value in business, to encourage more people in the UK to try using
Python for data science. Talks using natural language parsing, statistics,
machine learning, visualisation, signal detection, prediction,
summarisation, topic discovery - all this and more are strong encouraged.

More details on my blog:
http://ianozsvald.com/2015/05/02/pydatalondon-conference-2015-call-for-proposals-now-open-yay-for-june-19-21/

Cheers, Ian.

--