[python-uk] A MicroPython kickstarter

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 28 03:38:52 EST 2016

For those of you who can't wait, by the way, I'd recommend you look at the
WiPy -
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wipy/the-wipy-the-internet-of-things-taken-to-the-next
- I was a supporter of this kickstarter effort, and have already had a lot
of fun playing with MicroPython on this wifi device (I bought five, and
have so far only fried one by connecting 5v where 3.3v was the limit). I
found the documentation a little inadequate to start with, and it uses the
TI CC3200 chip, but it's a 40-pin device with wifi built in. Knowing how to
configure the multi-function pins on the 3200 would be a great help, as the
hardware documentation is voluminous and more intended, OI suspect, for
engineers planning production runs of thousands of devices.

The lab is still in its Christmas closedown state (it's the garage, and
hasn't yet recovered from having to stash all kinds of stuff there to
accommodate guests), but I defeinitely plan to get back to it again when
work quietens down. Probably about this time next year, the way things are
going. I'm supporting Damien's Kickstarter project because documentation is
important, the 8266 looks like a more usable device than the 3200, and it's
just the right thing to do!

regards
 Steve

Steve Holden