[python-uk] PyCon UK update

Peter Inglesby peter.inglesby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:06:16 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Some PyCon UK updates:

   - The Call for Proposals <http://2016.pyconuk.org/cfp/> closes tomorrow,
   and it's not too late to submit your proposal for a talk or workshop.
   Don't forget that we're offering speaker mentorship
   <http://2016.pyconuk.org/speaker-mentors/>.  We're particularly keen to
   hear from first-time speakers and people from under-represented groups.
   - Also closing tomorrow is the first tranche of applications for
our financial
   assistance <http://2016.pyconuk.org/financial-aid/> programme.
   - Tickets <http://2016.pyconuk.org/tickets/> are selling steadily, so
   make sure you don't miss out.  Tickets for the whole conference start at
   £96.
   - The children's day <http://2016.pyconuk.org/kids/> returns.  Bring
   your children on the Saturday for a fun-packed day of activities and
   workshops, to learn all about getting the most out of the world with Python.
   - Do you know any teachers who might be interested in learning more
   about Python?  We're running conference-within-a-conference for teachers
   <http://2016.pyconuk.org/teachers/>, and we're offering bursaries
   <http://2016.pyconuk.org/teachers/bursaries/> to cover the cost of
   supply cover.

You'll find more details about the whole conference on our website
<http://2016.pyconuk.org/>.

If you've got any questions, please get in touch with the committee via
pyconuk-enquiries at python.org.

All the best,

Peter