[python-uk] Coding "Bootcamps"

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Wed May 18 11:43:14 EDT 2016

For what it's worth... my degrees in music and philosophy are the best
investment of time and effort I ever made. I use the skills I learned
whilst taking those courses *every* day in my job as a programmer and I
also believe I'm a better person as a result.

My computing degree, on the other hand, is completely out of date and
most of it was an exercise in passing exams so I could get my first job.

If I'm ever hiring people and notice they have backgrounds in the arts
and/or humanities along with evidence of autodidactic and competent
coding skills via open source projects they usually get my immediate
interest.

:-)

N.