[python-uk] FYI: edX course: Using Python for Research

PyUK at getaroundtoit.co.uk PyUK at getaroundtoit.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 21:23:04 EST 2016

Using Python for Research
Take your introductory knowledge of Python programming to the next level
and learn how to use Python 3 for your research.

Harvard University
November 29, 2016 - Self-Paced
Length:  4 weeks
Effort:  4-8 hours per week
Price:  FREE
Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Institution:  HarvardX
Subject:  Computer Science
Level:  Intermediate
Languages:  English
Video Transcripts:  English

Prerequisites
Some previous Python programming experience (in any version of Python)

Course Description
This course bridges the gap between introductory and advanced courses in
Python. While there are many excellent introductory Python courses
available, most typically do not go deep enough for you to apply your
Python skills to research projects. In this course, after first
reviewing the basics of Python 3, we learn about tools commonly used in
research settings.

Using a combination of a guided introduction and more independent
in-depth exploration, you will get to practice your new Python skills
with various case studies chosen for their scientific breadth and their
coverage of different Python features.

What you'll learn
Python 3 programming basics (a review)
Python tools (e.g., NumPy and SciPy modules) for research applications
How to apply Python research tools in practical settings

https://www.edx.org/course/using-python-research-harvardx-ph526x

--
Regards,
=dn