[python-uk] Reviewing third-party packages

PyUK at getaroundtoit.co.uk PyUK at getaroundtoit.co.uk
Fri Jul 28 18:24:42 EDT 2017

Thank you James, this starts to summarise specific concerns:

> The other thing I try and push is to ensure that alternatives are considered where appropriate - which is a bit more contextual, but it's very easy to jump to "I want to use this" long before checking if there are better alternatives around.

This tendency is particularly noticeable, and post-fact questioning
frequently yields much foot-shuffling. Though there is the
counter-argument of "paralysis by analysis".

The key word, I am finding, is "considered" (hence the search for a
'check-list').

Not having sufficient time myself (these days) to perform a line-by-line
code inspection, etc, the objective is to ensure that others have an
appropriate guide or list, to ensure that what they have "considered"
includes a reasonably complete list of factors.

Much appreciated!
--
Regards,
=dn